1 cup basmati rice
2 cups vegetable stock (or 2 cups water)
2 chicken breasts chopped into cubes
1/4 cup jarred red curry (or butter chicken curry) (check label to ensure gluten free)
2 cups coconut milk (use low-fat/ low cal for a healthier meal)
1 cup chopped pineapple
A few finely chopped sprigs of cilantro
A pinch of dried rosemary (optional)
1 red chilli chopped finely
1 tbsp chilli paste
*Madras jarred Curry is supposed to be gluten-free. Check the labels to confirm!
1. Cook 1 cup rice in 2 cups either water or vegetable stock. If cooking on stove top remember to bring rice to a boil, stir once and then bring to a simmer for 50 minutes.
2. Heat pan and add olive oil into the pan. Heat oil before adding in cubed chicken breast. Cook through on low heat.
3. Once chicken is fully cooked add in coconut milk, red curry, chilli, chilli paste & rosemary. Allow mixture to simmer on low heat and stir every few minutes. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add in pineapple about 5 minutes before removing curry mixture from heat to allow the pineapple to heat up without becoming mushy.
5. Once curry mixture is removed from heat add in the cilantro and fold it into the curry.
6. Spoon out basmati rice and pour curry on top.
The Urban Umbrella
Follow me on: Bloglovin' /Twitter