This June I am lucky enough to be a bridesmaid for the first time ever, and best of all – I am getting to be involved in a wedding day with a couple that will be Jeremy and I’s family. On June 24, Jeremy’s brother is getting married, and his amazing fiancé is one of my dearest friends. When she asked me to be a bridesmaid, I was so excited. Since I’ve never been in a bridal party before, it was a really big and exciting moment.
Since the bridal party is quite large though, the makeup artist requested we get a second person to come in and do hair and makeup. After a bit of searching, we came to the conclusion that it would just be easier for us to do our own hair and makeup for the wedding. So now, I am assisting with doing the hair and makeup for myself as well as two others in the bridal party – how exciting!
For my own wedding, I am planning to do my own makeup so I’ve already been practicing bridal looks anyways. And since I’ll be doing my (and two others) hair for my to-be sister in laws wedding, I thought I would start practicing hairstyles as well. Thankfully, we aren’t doing anything totally out of my comfort zone – we’re just aiming to have voluminous curls and waves for the big day.
When I received the T3 Volumizing Hot Rollers, I immediately took them out of their package to try them out. The fact that they heat up so quickly, only take 10-15 minutes to set, and create voluminous curls made them seem like a total no-brainer for creating the bridesmaid’s looks.
The fact that I’ll be doing 3 full looks that day (mine included) means that I’ll need to be smart about time. During the 10-15 minutes that the curlers are in someone’s hair, I’ll be able to be doing their makeup and that’s just one great way to ensure that no time is being lost or wasted – and that everything I need to get done truly gets done without feeling any time crunch.
See how I achieve voluminous waves fast by watching the full Easy Bombshell Waves Tutorial!
For more beauty tips, tricks, hacks and tutorials, please show my channel some love and SUBSCRIBE HERE!
- Heat the rollers. Control how hot you want the rollers to get by holding down the button until the lights are blinking, and then either setting it on 1 light or 2. The 2 lights indicates the higher heat option.
- When the rollers are heated, there will be a indication on the top of the roller. That’s how you know they are fully heated. At this point, you can take the rollers from their setting, and begin rolling your hair!
- To start, separate the top of my hair from the bottom, and then clip the top half up.
- The bottom-half of my hair I then separated from the right and left side.
- Starting on one side, I then separated that side into two.
- Taking the part closest to my face, I wrapped the ends of my hair round the roller and then rolled the roller towards my scalp and away from my face. Once it was in place, I used a clip to secure the roller in place. Now taking the back piece, I repeat the steps above.
- Once that side is done, I move onto the over side and repeat the steps above.
- Once the bottom is done, it’s time to start on the top section of our hair!
- Depending on how thick your hair is, you’ll be creating 2-4 sections. Start with the back pieces, and roll the rollers down and away from your face.
- Repeat the above step for the frontal pieces. By rolling your hair away from your face, you’ll create more volume and height in those spots. Watch the tutorial to see the full results!
**I couldn’t find a image for the hairspray I use which is the Schwarzkopf Styliste Ultime Hairspray – Biotin+ Volume