This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Know Cosmetics. All opinions are 100% mine.
If there’s one thing that deters me from wearing my favourite lipsticks, it’s the fact that they often fade and transfer so quickly. It drives me crazy to apply a lip colour only to see half of it come off because I took a sip of water. I mean, when I wear a lipstick I want it to last and I want little to no maintenance throughout the day and night. Now, that may sound like a tall order but I think I’ve just discovered a product that can deliver on all my lipstick requirements.
Recently I discovered the “No, My Lips Are Sealed” Lipstick Topcoat by Know Cosmetics (purchase at Shoppers Drug Mart as well as Sephora and it’s been a lipstick game-changer. This topcoat promises to reduce lipstick fading, smudging, and transferring while also providing hydration to your lips. While it works with all colours, I put it to the ultimate test by wearing it over the richest, darkest, most vampy lipstick I’ve got.
So, how do you use it?
- Apply your favourite lipstick colour and then blot lightly with a tissue
- Shake Lipstick Topcoat well, and then glide the plastic applicator over your lipstick.
- Be sure to wipe the applicator clean after you used it, and then place it back in the container
- Take a few minutes to allow the Topcoat to dry,
- You can quickly test to see if the coat is fully dry by by kissing your hand. If you see no transfer than that means it’s dried and working!
- Always remember to repeat this after you put on a fresh coat of lipstick
What I found?
I recently tested out the Know Cosmetics “My Lips Are Sealed” Topcoat and found that it really helps lipstick from fading and smudging. I wore it out to dinner, and found that over the course of our evening – even though we were dining and drinking, that my lipstick stayed in place. I’ve tried other top coats before and my main issues have been that A) they don’t work, B) they’re sticky and feel goopy, and C) that they have an odd smell or taste. But, with the Know Cosmetics (sold at Sephora) “No, My Lips Are Sealed” Topcoat I found that my lips felt hydrated, but not sticky, there wasn’t any noticeable odd taste or smell, and it truly did reduce transfer and fading.
With Valentine’s Day coming up I couldn’t be happier that I discovered the now Beauty “No, My Lips Are Sealed” Topcoat. Now my lipstick will survive through our dinner date, and my fiancé will be thrilled because for once his face won’t be covered in bright lipstick marks from my pecks!
**You can also purchase Know Cosmetics at Shoppers Drug Mart