Summer Beauty Hacks
I’m a total summer girl. I love the sunshine, the bright summer mornings, and the heat. All year long, I wait for summer to finally come around to really get outside, and enjoy all that beautiful Vancouver has to offer. The rest of the year, I stick to staying indoors, wearing my cozy pajamas, and trying not to catch one of the many flus going around. But, over the last few years I’ve realized that, while I adore summer, it’s definitely not everyone’s favourite season. It’s hot, sticky, and often leaves people feeling like a sweaty mess! Today though, I am sharing my top beauty hacks to help you look and feel great all summer long! With these 10 Best Summer Beauty Hacks you can say goodbye to sunburns and makeup melting off your face!!
The 10 Best Summer Beauty Hacks
1. Say No to Oily SPF ProductsIf you usually find that cream and spray sunscreens make your skin oily then swap them out for a powder SPF. Here are a few great options:
2. Fix the Itch!Mosquito bites are the worst – itchy, scratchy and uncomfortable! But don’t fret if you get a bite or two, you can remedy the itchy bite by applying a thin layer of clear nail polish over top of it. I’ve tried it, and it works!
3. Mix it UpIf you don’t want to buy a brand new foundation for summer than try just mixing it with a sunscreen. This will thin out the foundation & provide your protection from the sun!
4. Naturally BronzeSkip the contour. Contour lines can be quite obvious in bright lighting, especially sunshine. Instead, invest in a large fluffy brush, a matte bronzer, and simply add a touch of colour to your forehead, temples, nose, and jawline. The larger brush will make it so there are no obvious lines while still adding a bit of a glow to your complexion.
5. Use a Self TannerRather than baking out in the sun, try using a self-tanner. Sun damage is a seriously scary thing, so be sure to lather up with sunscreen when you’re outdoors – and use a self-tanner to get that gorgeous summery bronze.
6. Add a Bit of SparkleTo make your skin look even more glowy, bronzed, and gorgeous, add a dry shimmer oil into your body care routine. These oils will give you those super shiny legs that are totally #goals.
7. Beachy Waves In an InstantGet beach hair instantly with a sea salt hair spray. Simply spray it on when you’re hair is damp to get loose beachy waves. This spray will make your hair wavy but can feel a bit heavy/crunchy if too much product is applied.
8. Soft Waves OvernightIf you have time, wash and braid your hair before bed. This will also achieve those perfect beachy waves but won’t require any product! For more while-you-sleep hairstyling tips, check out my guide to overnight hair care tricks for gorgeous hair!
9. Pucker UpTo ensure your lips feel their best and don’t burn in the hot sun, invest in a lip balm with SPF.
10. The Summer Beauty SwapSwap out heavy makeup products and looks (such as a smokey eye, full coverage foundation, etc) for lighter products. Think SPF powder foundations, gold-tone highlighters, and tinted lip balms. I mainly do this just because I find heavier products feel quite uncomfortable on hot days. But also – the summer sun can make your makeup appear harsh, so lightening up is a great way to maintain a gorgeous natural summer makeup look. (You know – unless you want to go for vampy. ‘Cause at the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that you feel beautiful and love your look!)
If you like this The 10 Best Summer Beauty Hacks post, then you’ll love these:
- 101 Beauty Tips & Tricks Every Girl Needs to Know!
- The Top 10 WORST Beauty Mistakes You’re Making
- Easy Heatless Beach Waves Tutorial