12 Beauty Habits You Should Be Doing Every NightWhen it comes to beauty routines, your night time routine is where the real magic happens. Morning routines are important, too – but there’s nothing that helps boost your skin than the steps you take before bedtime. The reason for this is because after you go through your night skincare routine, you rest. This means you get 6-8 (or more if you’re a sleep lover!) without any makeup on your skin, and without any environmental factors really affecting your skin the way they can when you’re out and about during the day. What you do before you hit the hay gets to be fully absorbed into your skin as you sleep, and that’s why it’s so important to take some time and care when it comes to your bedtime beauty routine.
See the full video on my Youtube Channel! (And subscribe!)
12 Beauty Habits You Should Be Doing Every Night
1. Remove Makeup Every NightThe first thing you should be doing every single night is removing your makeup – no matter how much, OR how little you’re wearing. A number of times I’ve seen or heard people say “meh – I am only wearing mascara, I don’t need to remove it!” is astonishing. To ensure your skin is clear, and to reduce the likeliness of blemishes, you need to remove all grit, grime, and old makeup from your skin.
2. Cleanse DailyNext, you want to cleanse your skin. Cleansing your skin helps clear it of any leftover makeup that your remove didn’t get or grit that’s gathered throughout the day. During the day, your skin collects a ton of pollutants, and the best way to ensure your skin is rid of them is by cleansing it. The cleansers I’ve been using lately are the Keihl’s Facial Cleanser and the S-ENERGY Facial Mousse Cleaner.
3. Exfoliate 3-5 Times a WeekDid you know that exfoliating your skin is actually a great way to reduce the signs of aging? It’s true! Exfoliating gets rid of extra skin cells which can cling to wrinkles and fine lines. This helps reduce the appearance of those fine lines and keep your skin looking youthful and glowing. Plus, exfoliating is a great way to slough off any extra grit or dirt on your skin which can contribute to acne and blemishes.
4. Use a TonerOne thing I only began to appreciate in the last few years is toner. I used to not understand the point of it, but now not a day passes by that I don’t use toner on my skin. I’ve found that toner is the secret key to balanced and easy to care for skin. In the last year or two, I’ve tried a few different toners, but there’s none that I’ve liked more than the Vichy Normaderm Toner and Pixi Beauty Glow Tonic.
5. Moisturize DailyWhen it comes to keeping your skin youthful, there’s nothing more essential to your skincare routine than your moisturizer. Hydration is a necessity when it comes to your anti-aging regime, and in the last few years I’ve found alternating between a few different types of moisturizers throughout the year has been my way of maintaining balanced skin. During the winter, I use a heavier moisturizer at night and a lighter one in the morning, and during the spring and summer, I use lighter moisturizers in both the AM and PM. The only time I switch my moisturizing routine around is when I’ve had adverse reactions to certain products – like sunscreen, as I’ve found sunscreen can severely dry out my skin during the summer.
6. Use a SerumAh, serums – aren’t they the best? I love serums, and I am so glad I’ve discovered a few amazing ones that have become integral to my beauty routine. Serums are the “boosters” of your skincare routine. This is where you really can focus on anti-aging, hydration, and boosting your skin’s vibrancy. Adding this into your usual skincare routine gives you that extra-bump which will help prevent your skin from getting fine lines to wrinkles. Products noted in the video not shown below: Neostrata All-in-One Night Serum, Skinceuticals Serum 15 AOX+ Vitamin C For Skin.
7. Use a Eye Cream (in the AM and PM)My eyes are pretty much always tired looking. That’s why I use an eye cream both in the AM and PM. An eye cream helps hydrate your eyes to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. If you cool down your eye-cream before applying it, than it also can help reduce the look of under-eye puffiness.
8. Use a Spot TreatmentFor the last month or two, I have used a natural spot treatment to help prevent blemishes and breakouts. I typically use my Tea Tree Oil around my nose to ensure that blemishes won’t pop up there, as that is typically where I’ll get breakouts. Since using this treatment, I really haven’t had any breakouts – and my results have even got my fiancé on-board with using it every night!
9. Try a Lip TreatmentGetting smooth and soft lips starts with care – which is why I always use a lip scrub and lip treatment balm. My lips tend to be dry and whenever the seasons change, they get super chapped and that’s why I am putting extra care into my lip care now before bed. This way I wake up with super soft lips that are lipstick-ready!
10. Use Overnight Skincare TreatmentsOne thing I’ve begun doing in the last year is using overnight skincare treatments. These treatments help fight the signs of aging, and can really help hydrate your skin. See an updated list of overnight skincare treatments I LOVE here.
11. Use a Hair SerumIf you have damaged or dry prone hair than you’ll want to use a hair serum regularly. I use one both in the AM and PM. Before heading to bed I always grab a small dime size amount and run it through the ends of my hair from about the ear-level down. This just helps keep it soft and shiny.
12. Braid ItAnother thing to do if you have damaged or dry-prone hair is style your hair overnight using heatless hair styling techniques. Eliminating heat tools from your styling process is a great way to get your hair back to feeling healthy, and also will help reduce breakage if you’re trying to grow your hair out. I began using heatless styling techniques in order to grow my hair out, and it seriously has made all the difference!
For more beauty tips, tricks, hacks, and tutorials, please show my channel some love and SUBSCRIBE HERE!
I so appreciate all of your support and feedback and thank you all who’ve been so kind in subscribing to my channel.