Growing up, I loved the holidays. My family created little traditions when my brother and I were young that we both still cherish to this day. We’d watch certain movies, have a specific special breakfast, and were allowed to stay up extra-late because we opened our gifts once the day was coming to a close. I loved waking up to Christmas music, watching holiday movies together, spending the day in our PJs, and indulging ourselves in too much eggnog as we opened our gifts.
A few weeks ago, I honestly was more stressed than excited about the holidays. I had gotten done barely any of my shopping, I felt super busy, and I worried I wasn’t going to be able to get everything done that I had wanted. After my weekend in shopping the Seattle Premium Outlets though, I had a total change of heart. In one short day I was able to accomplish what usually takes me months. Now, there’s only a few more days until Christmas and I have to say, I am so excited. I almost feel like a little kid, except now I am not excited about the chocolate and gifts – I am excited about spending time with my family, having a few days off, and re-creating our old holiday traditions. Today, I am sharing 25 things that I adore about the holidays, and I think you will too! So, if you’re not feeling quite into the holiday spirit just yet, click through and read all the wonderful things to enjoy this holiday season.
25 Reasons to Love the Holidays
1. Holiday Gatherings: One of the most exciting and fun parts of the holidays has to be all the parties and events that pop up in your calendar. November is always a pretty calm month with little to do, so come December it’s nice to have a schedule full of festivities.
2. Happy Carollers
3. Holiday Fashion: After a few months of hunkering down in cozy coats, sweaters, toques, and boots, the holidays come as in the knick of time to really refresh our perspective on fashion – and specifically fashion throughout the winter. I am always drawn to pretty cocktail dresses, and I love that all the holidays parties and events provide the perfect opportunities to dress up in beautiful sequin dresses, luxurious feeling velvet dresses, and festively pretty metallic pumps. This Tulip Fairy Embossed Midi Skirt in Ruby has to be one of the most festive and beautiful pieces I own.
4. The Jolly Spirit: I love how friendly everyone is during this time of year! Some one recently even “paid it forward” and purchased my coffee recently for me – and it inspired me to do the same. I love the kindness that is spread during the holidays.
5. Christmas Music: OK – so we can all really only handle so much holiday music, but in small doses it can actually be a lot of fun to listen and singalong to.
8. Twinkling Lights
9. Watching Old School Christmas Movies
10. And you can’t forget old school Christmas TV Shows (Rudolph is a classic!)
11. Time Spent with Family
12. Finding that perfect gift for your loved one: Every year I go on the hunt to find the perfect gifts for my family and friends. Typically, my search for gifts actually starts during the summertime (seriously!) because I so love when they open up a gift to find something they absolutely love, and totally weren’t expecting.
13. Christmas Trees Everywhere
14. A few (much needed) days off work.
15. Delicious holiday meals
16. and even more delicious leftovers!
17. It’s a Great Time to Reflect
18. It’s a Wonderful time to Give Back
19. Festive Coffees and Hot Chocolates… Did you say Eggnog Latte? Yes, please!
20. Jolly Coffee Cups: Speaking of coffee, I am also such a fan of the holiday inspired coffee mugs at all the local coffee shops. Yep, I fall for the Starbucks red coffee mug every year.
21. Food + Snacks EVERYWHERE: While this may not be ideal for your waistline, it is kind of nice to walk into work and see a spread of delicious goodies.
22. Old Friends Re-unite: I recently hung out with some old friends from high school. I hadn’t seen most of them in a couple years and it dawned on me that the holidays are always the time of year that we begin to try to put together some sort of gathering. This year the gathering worked out and it was so fun to be able to see those old friendships, and pick up where we had left off.
23. Mint, Mint, and More Mint: I love mint everything, and during this time of year everything is either minty or peppermint flavoured. Yum.
24. Baileys in Coffee. Let’s just be honest, on any other day but Christmas, if you told me you were drinking Baileys in your coffee I would probably think you had a problem. But heck, it’s the holidays – and everything goes during these next few days.
25. A whole, brand spankin’ new year is JUST around the corner – and that, my friends, is pretty exciting!