This sweet and tart Apple Cranberry Crumble Recipe is a fast, easy, and delicious fall recipe. It’s great as both a breakfast or a dessert dish. Simply serve with ice cream for dessert, or yogurt for breakfast!
As I’m writing this, it’s pouring outside. Like, straight up downpour. And I kind of love it.
If you’re not into pumpkin flavours during this time of year and instead are all about that cinnamon apple and cranberry life, then today’s recipe is for you.
I really love pumpkin desserts, but I get that it’s not everyone’s favourite – and I am always a fan of a good crumble.
For example, while my husband likes pumpkin – he’s not obsessed with it. He’s not running out to get a pumpkin spice latte, or buy a pumpkin pie for thanksgiving.
Instead, he likes more fruit-based desserts. He loves anything with cranberry (as do I – really, I love anything tart!) and he loves my homemade Apple Cranberry Crumble Recipe.
Why I LOVE Crumbles
Crumbles are great because they can be both a dessert and a breakfast.
When I make this Apple Cranberry Crumble Recipe I always have leftovers and I love using those leftovers for breakfasts.
I simply place the leftover crumble in a glass container and store it in the fridge.
Each morning, I just heat it up, add a dollop of plain yogurt (and maybe a bit of honey) and it’s the perfect sweet and warm breakfast to kickstart my day.
What’s in this Apple Cranberry Crumble Recipe?
This Apple Cranberry Crumble fruit mixture is made up of sweet apple, tart cranberries, sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
The sweet crumble topping is made of rolled oats, cinnamon, sugar, flour, and canola oil.
How Do I Make this Apple Cranberry Crumble?
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Start by making your fruit mixture. You’ll want to mix these in a large bowl and then pour it into your 9×9 pan. Set aside while you make your crumble topping.
The topping is just as simple to make! Just combine your ingredients and mix them together. Then place your topping over your fruit mixture and place the pan in the oven.
What cooking tools do you need?
You don’t really need much at all! To make this crumble you’ll just need a mixing bowl, mixing spoon, measuring cups, and an 8×8 pyrex pan.
List of Ingredients:
– Gala Apple
– lemon juice (or, one fresh squeezed lemon)
– Rolled Oats
– Slivered Almonds
- Fruit Mixture:
- 1 Large Gala Apple
- 2 Cups Cranberries
- 3-4 tbps Flour
- 2 1/2 tbps of lemon juice (or, one fresh squeezed lemon)
- 2 1/5 Cups of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Slivered Almonds
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/8 tsp stevia
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp of Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Canola Oil
- First begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Then, grease a 8x8 Pyrex pan.
- Begin by cutting up your apple. You're going to want to cut your apple into cube shapes. Start by slicing the sides of the apple off of the core. Do not use the core as it's seeds are harmful. Then, cut those sides into cubes.
- Now take all your fruit mixture ingredients and mix them in a bowl. Make sure you evenly coat your apple cubes and cranberries in the flour and lemon juice.
- Then, pour the fruit mixture into a 8x8 Pyrex pan.
- Put your rolled oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt and flour into a bowl. Mix them well so that the dry ingredients are fully integrated into one another.
- Pour your canola oil, stevia, and vanilla extract over the dry ingredients. Mix well so that the dry ingredients are all coated. You'll find the mixture turns into a thick and somewhat sticky mixture.
- Scoop the crumble topping out of the bowl and press over top of the fruit mixture in the Pyrex pan. Try to spread the crumble topping out as evenly as possible over the fruit.
- Place your crumble into the oven and allow to bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Once the baking time is finished, remove the crumble from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes+ to cool.
- Serve up with either yogurt or ice cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.