If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, then you likely know that this post came along from a poll I recently posted.
It seems like lots of you want to learn more about my Cream Contour Routine, and my favourite contouring products!
Thank you to all of you who responded, you seriously help me so much when I am going through brain-funks (which has been happening pretty often lately!)
My contour routine is actually very simple, and it really only takes me about 10 minutes.
I’ve seen complicated tutorials showing how to get the ultimate contoured and sculpted face, but who has the time?
While doing my makeup is relaxing for me (I’d even say it’s therapeutic at times), I don’t always have time to spend fussing over my beauty routine.
This may be because I never give myself a lot of time to get ready (if I have to choose between sleep and more time in the AM getting ready – I’ll always choose sleep) #ImTired
My Contour Routine:1. To start, I apply my Primer and then my foundation.
Your foundation is your base to the full look and is what your other product will blend into so I recommend using a foundation that doesn’t set super quickly and isn’t super dry.
2. The next step is to contour! My go-to contour product is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Foundation Stick in Fawn.
The shade Fawn is the perfect cool-toned brown to create soft “shadows” on fair skin tones.
It’s really the only contour stick I’ve used that isn’t too cool, or too warm toned.
3. Now, it’s time to highlight and conceal.
I always apply my Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Concealer to my eyelids and under eyes, but if you want extra coverage and to brighten your skin, then apply a thin line down your nose, a few lines to your forehead, and a bit to your chin.
This will brighten those areas and work with the contour to make your face appear more angular.
4. Now I add a bit of a bronze to my skin with the Nudestix bronzer in Bondi Bae.
This used to be the item I contoured with, but it’s a little too red-toned for it to really work as a contour for me. So, instead I use it as a bronzer – and it works beautifully as that!
5. Time to apply blush! Lately, I’ve been addicted to my VDL Jelly stick blush. It’s the perfect soft coral colour, and it blends out so beautifully.
6. My favourite part of my makeup routine is always: HIGHLIGHT!
The highlighter that I have been obsessed with using lately is the YSL Glow Shot highlighter.
It blends out so beautifully and adds such a stunning soft natural glow. I’m all about it
7. To make your cheekbones appear more angular, grab a bit of powder (I’m using the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder) on a damp sponge and drag it from just under your ear to your chin.
Allow it to “bake” there for a few moments before sweeping the excess bake away.
This will really accentuate the cheekbone contour and make your face appear very sculpted.
8. Set and seal your makeup with a setting spray.
I always use the Urban Decay All-Nighter Setting Spray to set my makeup – it’s my fave. This will also take away any powdery-finish your makeup has from step #7.