Weight Watchers Points: 2 Pts | Looking for a great, delicious, fast, and easy snack recipe? This is IT! This Kale Chips recipe is super tasty and healthy.
My name is Bree, and I’m a chip-aholic.
No, seriously, I am. If one snack were my kryptonite it would definitely be chips – Salt and Vinegar chips, specifically.
If you set a bag down of S&V chips in front of me, you best be expectin’ they’ll be gone within minutes. I am the chip monster. Hear me roar.
Over the last few months though, I’ve been really trying to focus on getting healthier and eating healthier – and that means I need to curb my chip addiction.
I’ve always felt that the best way to get rid of a bad habit is by replacing it with a good one.
So, when I thought of my chip addiction I realized that there was no way I was going to rid myself of the delicious crispy crunchy snack without having a substitute. It had to be something that I would love just as much – or almost just as much.
And that my friends, is when I thought of this super yummy crispy kale chips recipe.
While kale chips aren’t S&V chips, they are super delicious and they completely satiate that craving for something chippy.
Plus, I can have kale chips a couple of times a week without really fretting too much about the impact on my health – I mean, kale is a superfood, guys.
During the weekdays especially, I like to take special care with my diet and I always try to feed myself things that really will improve my health rather than hurt it.
While I don’t believe in being “strict” with one’s diet, I do believe that a healthy diet is about feeling yourself things that fuel you, rather than just treats.
I always try to keep that in mind when I am coming up with meals for the week: What will really fuel me to feel my very best?
Something I really love about kale chips is that you can really change up their flavour.
While I often stick to this sea salt flavour, sometimes I’ll add on some cayenne, lemon salt, garlic salt, or I’ll just make them extra peppery. They are easy to adjust to suit whatever you’ve got a hankerin’ for.
– Kale aids digestion. Since Kale is fiber-rich it really helps keep your digestion moving.
– Kale is high in iron. If you struggle with keeping up your iron levels, then you’ll want to add kale into your diet.
– Kale is rich with antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight the effects of free radicals that cause damage to our health.
Kale has many more health benefits! Read about them on Healthline.
Kale Chips Ingredients
- 1 Bunch Kale (2 Cups)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil , Or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While oven is preheating. rinse kale. Remove any dirt or grit from kale, and then dry using a towel or paper towel.
- Shred kale into chip-size pieces. (I don’t cut using a knife or anything, I simply just use my hands to pull apart the pieces of kale)
- Place shredded kale into a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over kale and mix around. To really coat all the kale, I typically find that I have to use my hands to roll the kale into the oil. (You just want a very thin light layer of oil)
- Now take the baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Put kale on the baking sheet/ parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sea salt (and/or pepper) over kale.
- When the oven is preheated, place the baking sheet in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet after 10 – 12 minutes, serve up, and enjoy!