Today, I am so excited to be teaming up with Secret® Legwear and LYCRA® brand to show you 3 Day to Night Fall Outfit Ideas to get you feeling stylish and cozy this fall and winter season. With that being said, this is a sponsored post – however, all thoughts expressed are 100% my own.
Day to Night Fall Outfit IdeasFall has to be my very favourite time of year. Back when I was in my teens, I was all about summer – and I mean, I think that had a lot to do with the whole being off for summer, no school thing. Fall is such a beautiful season. Our home is surrounded by trees that are bright yellow, orange, and red. I love it. And did I mention how much I love fall and winter meals? I’m sure I have. Bring on the comfort food, pumpkin spice recipes, and cozy soups. Something I also love about this time of year: fall fashion. Yasss, I’m obsessed. Well, I’m obsessed with fall fashion when I am wearing something other than my PJs (aka my fall and winter uniform) and binge masking my days away – ha! Seriously though – I love warm layers made up of chunky knits, soft scarfs, jackets, and toques. They just feel so cozy and comfy.
How to Style Summer Clothes for FallSomething I’ve talked a lot about on my blog and Instagram (especially my stories) is shopping in your own closet. While I love to shop, sometimes it just feels wasteful to accumulate more stuff constantly. Trends are always changing, styles are always evolving, and sometimes it can feel like a lot to keep up with it all. So while I still do shop and grab a few things here and there, something I really love to do is shop within my own closet. This means sometimes I’ll pull everything out of my closet (Marie Kondo-style) and see what I haven’t worn in a while and look for ways to bring it into the current season. So, for example, summer dresses or skirts often end up being cycled into fall and winter style. I will simply just add on a few layers (which I’ll be discussing next!) so that it feels more cold-weather friendly.
Day to Night Fall Layering Essentials:Alright, let’s get down to the basics of what you really need to make your wardrobe as versatile and cozy as possible during the fall and winter months.
1. A Cozy CoatA great coat is a total fall and winter style essential. It will keep you warm, and it’s a great way to “complete” a look. For example, in today’s Day to Night Outfits video, my denim jacket really added that casual and carefree edge to the overall outfit. 2. Knits Knit sweaters are probably my favourite part of fall. I love just throwing on a big sweater and feeling super warm and cozy. Knits are also a great way to revamp your spring and summer clothes for fall. If you have a dress you’re just not ready to put away, then add on a sweater or cardigan to comfortably bring that piece into the fall and winter months.
3. ScarvesDuring these cooler months, I rarely go out without a scarf on. Growing up, it was instilled in me that exposing my neck to the cold and wetness outside was a sure way to get a cold. It may not be 100% science-backed logic, but I believe in it anyway. I catch colds super easily so if a scarf will help protect me from getting a cold or sore throat, I’ll do. And, scarves look super cute so really… It’s a win-win.
4. Simple (and comfy!) Black TightsBy now you already know that tights are an absolute fall style essential for me. They just make my dresses and skirts more wearable and comfortable during the cooler months. Plus, the Secret® So Comfy tights made with LYCRA® XCEPTIONELLE technology they are SUPER comfortable. They are designed with an ultra-stretch comfort waistband and panty and are extra stretchy so that they really move with your body, rather than work against it. And, they keep me nice and warm.
5. BootsAs I’m writing this, I am wearing little ballet-style flats and you guys – I’m regretting it. It’s raining outside and a smarter option definitely would’ve been to wear a pair of boots today. Oops. There’s no denying the practicality of a good pair of boots. While I typically go for ankle boots, sometimes I love a good pair of knee-high or over the knee boots. They just keep you a bit warmer, and protect your feet from the rain – which is pretty essential here in Vancouver.
6. HatsDid you know that you lose most of your heat from your head and your feet? Yep, it’s true. And, that’s why it’s SO important to keep your feet cozy with some Secret® So ComfyLegwear tights made with LYCRA® XCEPTIONELLE technology, a good pair of boots, and your head nice and warm with a floppy hat or toque. I love floppy hats, but this year I am really feeling the love for toques. I used to save my toques for super cold and icy days – like snow days – but now, I throw on a toque whenever just for that added bit of coziness. Which do you wear more: toques or floppy hats?
Anyways, that’s all for today! What are your fall style essentials? Comment and let me know! And, don’t forget to grab your own pair of Secret® SO Comfy tights made with LYCRA® XCEPTIONELLE technology at any London Drugs store or easily shop online here.