I don’t know how many times I have seen a lipstick, impulsively purchased it, and brought it home to find that it simply doesn’t suit me. Frankly, too many times to count.
We’ve all invested in a lip gloss or lipstick thinking that it’ll be a fun addition to our beauty bin only to find that it goes unworn.
Rather than simply tossing that lipstick or gloss in the garbage though, I have found there is a way to make nearly any lip colour wearable.
It sounds crazy – I know, but I assure that you’ll love how this easy DIY Tinted Lip Balm Recipe instantly turns your most disliked lipcolours (or even lipsticks that have seemingly dried out!) into ones you’ll wear time and time again.
DIY Tinted Lip Balm Recipe
What You Need:
- an unloved lipstick (you can use as many as you want and mix them together!)
- Coconut Oil (optional)
- Cut a small amount of the lipstick off
- Take a large spoonful of the Vaseline
- Place the lipstick and Vaseline into one small container
- Mix lipstick and Vaseline together with a spoon. (cream it together like you would sugar and butter in a baking recipe!)
- Add small dime size amount of coconut oil (or other carrier oil you prefer) into the mixture
- Use spoon to further mix together
- Transfer mixture into your final lip balm container (you can even use a little mint tin!)
- Enjoy your new tinted lip balm!