essential during the fall season than a cozy and comfy cardigan. Regardless of
what you’re wearing, you’ll always be able to throw a heavy cardigan on over
top to ensure you keep warm even on the chilliest of days. My favourite
cardigan at the moment is this heavy Marled Rib-Stitch Open cardigan from JCrew.
During the summer we’re all about white denim (which I also think looks
great during the fall and winter actually!) but during the cooler seasons
there’s nothing easier to slip on then a pair of black jeans. Black jeans pair
with everything (including all those floral printed tops from your spring and summer wardrobe!) and evoke that moody style that is perfect for fall.
to your summer sundresses then try wearing a pair of heavy knit black tights
with them. They will help transition all
your summer favourites – even shorts!
Though I love all boots, there’s something just so perfect about ankle
boots for the fall. My personal favourites right now are these grey suede boots and shiny silver ankle boots (I actually wore them recently here!).
likely already have a pair of rain-boots in your closet, waiting and ready for
rain season. But if you don’t have a pair already, then you’ll definitely want
to invest in a pair! Wear your rubber rainboots with all your favourite styles to ensure your feet keep dry even on the rainiest of days!
Scarves are great accessories to add in a funky colour or detail to your look.
Rather than having a statement necklace, try a statement scarf! A heavy knit scarf of plaid printed scarf would pair perfectly with your favourite little white summer dress!
essential year-round, but it’s especially essential during the fall season as
it layer over summer pieces beautifully to transition them into the fall. One
of my favourite looks has to be a leather jacket layered over a white dress,
tights, and ankle boots – fall style perfection!
9. Pullover Sweater: Like a cardigan, you can never
really go wrong with a comfy pull over a sweater. Pullover sweaters can be
particularly great to layer over a button-down top for a cozy office look.
10. A Plaid Shirt: During the fall season a plaid piece is a must have as it always layers up to look and feel so cozy. Try tucking this Lord and Taylor plaid shirt in to your favourite summer skirt to quickly transition that summer piece into the chilly season.
11. Knit Socks: Instantly fall-ize your look with a pair of thick knit socks! Keep your toes comfy cozy during the
fall with some heavy knit socks. Make sure you choose a cute pair though
because they can look really chic when they peek out of your ankle boots!
12. A leather dress or skirt: In the fall I’m all about moody
sorts of styles and nothing is more edgy than a leather dress or skirt. Pair your leather skirt with a light summer blouse to transition the summer piece into the fall season! Don’t have your own leather dress or skirt yet? Well, this leather skirt by Piperlime has definitely caught my eye!
13. Umbrella: Much like the rain-boots, umbrellas are a necessity during the fall and winter months here in Vancouver. If you’re going to wear your favourite summer dresses in the fall then you’re going to want to keep yourself save from the rain with a cute umbrella. I personally like to think of my umbrellas as accessories, I figure if you have to use them all the time – why not choose one with a cute print or in playful colour?
14. Classic Black Handbag: Switch out your summer boho bag in for a more classic and sleek handbag for the fall. You’ll want a bag that’ll pair easily with all of your fall pieces, but you’ll also want a piece that reflects the moodiness of fall – this one by Michael Kors is absolute perfection! Wile everything else on this list will transition a spring or summer piece into fall, a great classic handbag will complete the look.