I know so many people are sick of hearing the “New Year, New Me” or the “this is my year!” thing, but boy – I am really hoping that this is my year, and I’m going to try my best to make it happen. I am looking forward to this year for a few reasons, but mostly because I have a really clear idea of what I’d like to tackle and accomplish. It took a lot of thought you really get it down to just five, but over the next year there are five specific things I hope to be able to check off my long laundry list of goals before I am 25.
I’m a very goal oriented person, and whenever I reach one goal – I have a new one just waiting in line right behind it. Some of my goals are silly, like finding my “perfect” red lipstick, and some are a bit more serious. In October I turned 24, and I realized that over the next year I’d like to focus on reaching some big, and some small goals.
1. Grow The Urban Umbrella: This little space on the web that I call The Urban Umbrella has grown to be one of my favourite and most exciting parts of my life. In 2015, I’d like to expand what I share on The Urban Umbrella and invite you a little more into my life. I’d love to begin sharing more about my health, favourite recipes, my exercise regiment and what I am getting up to. The UU is constantly surprising and exciting me, and I just want to see it get better and better.
2. Go on a trip overseas with Jeremy. For years now we’ve been saying we need to do a “big trip” together. We’ve done a few trips together here and there, mainly ones that are planned last minute and in a rush due to a sudden energy crash from being overworked and under-rested. This time though, we want to plan something out and travel around a bit more.
3. Have meditation be a part of my daily routine. I talk about this so much, and whenever I actually put meditation into action I truly do feel so much better. When last year I really committed myself to daily meditation, I found my mind felt clearer and overall that I felt calmer. I am a bit of a spaz at times so anything that’ll chill me out is a good thing – and something I should have in my daily life.
4. Find my perfect hair colour. If you’ve followed me for a while now, you may know that I change my hair a lot. Heck, you may have noticed it just in my Review of 2014 post! I love being blonde but it’s a ton of work, and what I am constantly looking for (and never seeming to be able to get!) is a natural blonde ombre. I would love to not have to constantly worry about hair maintenance, while not losing the lightness of my blonde colour. Alright, now that I’ve re-read this I can see why it’s so hard to achieve – that’s a tall order!
5. Get Healthy. I talked about this recently and I’ll be talking a bit more about it over the next while (until we find a real resolve, I suppose!), but something I’d really like to tackle this year is my health. I am so often trying to juggle a busy life and a low energy level, and frankly – I am over it! For years, I have battled symptoms and thought they were things I just had to live with, but over the last few months as the symptoms have accelerated and new ones have come up, and just “dealing” with them isn’t an option anymore. I want a diagnosis of some kind, and I want to know how I can move forward and feel better. There’s nothing more frustrating than knowing you’re sick, and struggling to find out what is making you sick for years.
Alright, I have until October to get these all done! Ready, set, go!
(psst! If you have a 5 before 25, or 30 before 30 post please share it below! I’d love to see all your goals!)