Now I know I cannot be the only one who hits the snooze button in the morning so many times that there is often only about 20 minutes left to get ready before work.
If you’re one of those gals who loves to sleep in then getting down the simple basics is imperative to chic everyday office style.
5 Tips for Everyday Office Style
1. Plan BeforeMaking the most of your “free time” aka the night before a busy day is always the best way to minimize stress the next morning. Pick out all the pieces (clothing, jewelry & shoes ) you plan to wear the next day and set them up in a practical spot to remind your-groggy-morning-self of the outfit you planned out.
2. Hang Your Outfit ALL TogetherSetting up your clothes conveniently the night before can only help you for a rushed next morning. Hang all your clothing & jewelry on one hanger so in the morning you can easily just grab it without needing to search for a particular item. Taking your shoes out of the closet & putting them near the doorway will also help you out in the terrible case of you running late! 3. Add on Some Jewelry Nothing polishes off a look quite like jewelry. Whether you’re adding a dainty necklace or some statement earrings, always add on a sparkly piece to complete your perfectly styled everyday look!
4. Check the WeatherLet’s get honest, you do not want to be caught in a rainstorm in shorts & a tank top. Checking the weather the day before your busy day is one of the best things to do to prepare and allow yourself to have a practical & stylish look.
5. Have a Back-Up OutfitEver plan an outfit that just does not pan out quite right? Well, I have, and in those cases I always turn to my “back up”. A back up outfit is one that you can always turn to for a classically chic look. My back up outfit simply consists of a dark grey or black t-shirt, a pair of black slacks, black flats & a necklace. It is the sort of look which can easily be dressed up with a blazer or just be worn on its own for a more effortless look. Choosing your own back up should be based on 1. Practicality 2. Classic colours 3. Simplicity.
- PRACTICALITY: Choose an outfit that easily be layered up based on the weather. My back-up can simply be layered with a cardigan & blazer if the weather is particularly blustery.
- CLASSIC COLOURS: Your back-up should easily mix & match other colours to eliminate the stress of pairing and matching in a rush. If you’re back-up is a classic combination of black & white (or black & grey, like mine) then you can easily throw on any necklace, statement heels or bright sweater!
- SIMPLICITY: This is basically a combining classic colours & practicality together under one umbrella. Make your back-up outfit simple, don’t mess with prints, patterns, or bold colours when it comes to your canvas articles of clothing.