Delicious, decadent, and rich – just a few words I’d use to describe this Easy Fudgy Coffee Brownies Recipe.mmmm fudgy coffee brownies. Regular brownies were just one of the many foods that I told myself as a child that one day I would eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner – ya know, once I moved out from my parent’s house. Of course, I grew up and realized that brownies 3 times a day was not a feasible or healthy plan. So, instead, I make brownies here and there for special occasions, or to surprise my husband after he’s been away on a trip. This past weekend, Jer was away with his friends on their annual camping trip and I thought it would be fun to make some brownies with a twist – and no, not the THC kind of twist – a coffee twist.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- First, prehea yourt oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, you'll want to grease a 9x9 inch square pan. Grease well with butter or margarine.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, eggs, vanilla, cocoa, flour, salt, baking powder, and instant coffee. Mix until smooth. (I recommend using a hand mixer to ensure you get all the clumps)
- Place brownie pan into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove from the oven and allow brownies to rest for 5-10 mins. One cooled, apply the icing.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk, butter, cocoa, and vanilla together in a bowl. **sometimes I add a bit more milk to make the icing thinner over the brownies. I don’t always like super thick/heavy icing.
Once brownies have cooled, spread on the icing. Then cut into squares.
Add a sprinkle of sea salt overtop to give these brownies a bit more bite!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.