Healthy Portobello Pizza Recipe
We all have our vices. For me, it’s pizza.
Well, and fries. But today, we’re focusing on pizza.
I love pizza. In fact, our group of friends typically goes for pizza every Sunday.
Since I am trying to lead a healthier lifestyle, I wanted to come up with a new Sunday tradition: Portobello Pizza at our house!
This healthy portobello pizza recipe is not only delicious – it’s also super easy. It literally takes just a few quick minutes to whip together and cook!
These healthy pizzas are so quick and easy to make that they even have become a go-to during the weekdays – not just on “pizza nights”.
- 2+ Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Coconut oil or Olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (use less depending on size of mushroom)
- A few slices of Pepper Salami (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Take your portobello mushroom[s] and place them on a baking sheet
- Place baking sheet in the oven, and bake your portobello mushroom for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes is up, remove the sheet from the oven.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil, or coconut oil, onto the mushroom. Then add your tomato sauce, and chosen toppings onto the mushroom[s]. I used peppered salami, cheese, tomatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes (or until the portobello mushroom is warm, and the cheese is melted)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 10g