While I enjoy cooking, I’ve always considered myself more of a baker. I have truly always loved baking – and one of the very first recipes I learned was a banana bread recipe.
Banana bread is such a good ol’ classic and it was a favourite in my household growing up. In fact, I can remember many Sundays where we would make banana bread for the week ahead, and I can remember how much I loved opening up my lunch to see a square of banana bread – it was a total treat to me.
The thing about banana bread is that it seems everyone have a family banana bread recipe up their sleeve. But this honey oat banana bread recipe is one that I keep going back to – it’s delicious and it’s super, super, super easy to make.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 can carbonated drink (I used tonic water)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 2 bananas
- honey (drizzled)
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Take your loaf pan, and grease it using either margarine or butter.
- Mix flour, carbonated drink, sugar, butter, oats, and 1 banana in a bowl. (You may have to use your hands to help squish and mix the banana in)
- Once mixed together, pour mixture into greased pan-
- Cut second banana into thin slices and place on the top of the mixture. I just placed them ontop in rows of 3-4.
- Then place the pan in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes (check occasionally to ensure it’s not burning)
- Remove from oven and brush some melted butter ontop.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes and then turn over.
- – Drizzle honey overtop