I recently was sent a few items from the Sarah Moon for NARS Holiday 2016 Collection. I love holiday collections, and tend to go a bit crazy over limited edition holiday beauty items, so I was extremely excited when I received this package.
NARS has been one of my favourite beauty brands for years. I first fell in love with the NARS Albatross Highlighter, then the Audacious Lipstick in Anita, the matte lip pencils, and recently just became more brand obsessed with their new Audacious Lipstick additions.
Sarah Moon for NARS Holiday 2016 Collection
True Story Cheek & Lip Palette
The True Story Cheek & Lip Palette has four highlight/ blush shades & 1 Lipstick in it:
- Devotee (Highlight Shade) – This highligher is a super silky highlighter that applies very easily. Unlike many highlighters, this highlighter does not have chunky glitter and instead has more of a sateen sheen finish to it.
- Myth (Matte Peach Blush) – This blush is extremely light and excellent for those who are very fair skin. I found this blush to be a touch too light for me, but as I get more pale (hello, winter!) that may change. If you have a darker skin tone than I do though, you may find that this blush doesn’t show up or is extremely faint looking on your skin.
- Unwritten (Matte Rose Tone Blush) – Unwritten is a medium-rose tone matte blush. It has quickly become one of my very favourite blushes as it has a very natural flush finish on my skintone.
- Outlaw (Deep Burgundy Blush with Sparkle) – Outlaw is the most daring out of all the shades in this palette. It’s a deep sparkly burgundy blush that is perfect for the holidays. The glitter in this blush creates a golden sheen that is incredibly beautiful.
- Mysterious Red Velvet Matte Lip Pencil – This lip pencil is a bright red matte lipstick that is perfect for the holidays. The texture of this product is extremely creamy, rich, and hydrating even though it’s a matte finish. I would highly suggest this lip pencil if you’re someone who loves matte lipsticks but struggles with dry-looking lips.
Texture: The blushes / highlighter all have a slightly dusty texture to them which is concerning at first. But, once you apply them, they blend out really easily and do not keep a chalky finish at all. The highlighter is very silky and has a very fine amount of glitter in it. It applies very smooth to create a natural dewy finish to the skin.
Moon Matte Lipstick
Rouge indescret is a deep red in a matte finish. In some lighting I’ve found that it looks as a very true red with a blue undertone, but in other lighting I’ve found it carries a warmer undertone to it.
Indecent Proposal is a nude rose tone lipstick in a matte finish. This lipstick appears much lighter in the tube than it does once applied. This brown-tone rose lipstick is very wearable and beautiful for everyday looks.
Sichuan is a dark rust brown eyeliner that glides on easily. The texture is very smooth, and once applied the liner sets in place very quickly. See how easily it applies by watching my youtube video!
Watch the full Sarah Moon for NARS Holiday 2016 Collection review and swatches on Youtube!
For more beauty tips, tricks, hacks and tutorials, please show my channel some love and SUBSCRIBE HERE!