I`m a pasta fan. When it comes to my favourite meals, pasta is right up there in my top 5 – for sure. This means, I could pretty much have pasta all day every day and be super happy. But, I also love eating healthy and enjoy making my favourite meals healthier.
One way I love making my meals healthier is by substituting certain ingredients with vegetables. Zucchini is by far one of my favourite replacement options for noodles. And, zucchini pasta is by far one of my favourite meals.
I have a pretty weak stomach. Unlike my husband, who can eat anything and maintain his weight and his health, I tend to have to be more careful when it comes to what I consume for both my waistline and my gut health.
Also, I should mention: the reason I have to watch my weight like I do is because I have a spinal condition, scoliosis, which I had the surgery for, and my doctor has always been very clear that to keep my spine healthy I need to maintain a healthy weight – as well as a strong core.
This means that eating healthy, exercising regularly, and just leading an overall healthy lifestyle is super important.
This seriously delicious and healthy Zucchini Pasta recipe hits all the right notes for me: it’s healthy, it’s easy on my stomach, its super yummy, and did I mention its super easy to make? I mean… that’s a win, win, win, win.
- 1-2 Zucchini
- 1 Lemon (squeezed)
- 1/2 cup Pesto
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- You’ll first want to prep your noodles. Grab your zucchinis and your spiralizer and begin slicing up your zucchini noodles.
- Now it’s time to cook your zucchini noodles. Grab a large pan and add a bit of olive oil into it. Heat the pan over medium-high heat.
- Now, add your zucchini noodles to the pan. Add lemon juice, pesto, salt, and pepper to your zucchini noodles and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes (until tender)
- Remove from heat and pour noodles into a bowl. Add in your cashews and mix them into your noodles.
- Once your cashews are throughout your pasta then it’s time to serve up and enjoy!
- Top with avocado slices.