Reading Time: 3 minutes
While summer calls for fewer layers, natural beachy waves & loads of sunscreen, it also calls (or rather, commands) for more natural everyday makeup.
If you’re like me than chances are during the hot summer days the last thing you want is to feel like your face is melting off; so each summer I change up my beauty routine and bit and lighten up to create a much more sun-kissed, fresh-faced sort of look.
If you’d like to see how I achieved this look than continue reading!
1. Mix a bronzer (I use Benefit’s Hoola bronzer)with golden eye-shadow (I use Goldmine by MAC) and apply to eyelids
2. Using either a white matte or shimmery eyeshadow, highlight the brow-bone & inner eye corners
3. Apply a chocolate brown eyeliner close to the lash line ( I use Sephora’s “Matte Deep Chocolate” pencil)
4. Apply concealer to under-eye (my favourite is by Josie Maran)
5. Apply a golden eyeliner to the lower lash line
6. Apply Smashbox photo finish primer (If you wear foundation, apply after the primer. This product can also be worn without foundation though)
8. Give your cheeks a flushed look with a coral-tone blush. (my favourite is Josie Maran’s blush stick in Spice)
9. Complete the look with a peach-toned lipgloss. ( I love this lipgloss by BareMinerals)