Looking for a delicious and healthy side dish to serve alongside your favourite mains? These Sweet and Smoky Paprika Herb Roasted Carrots are made with honey and paprika for a sweet yet smoky flavour. Enjoy these pan-roasted carrots in just a short 15 minutes.
Sweet and Smoky Paprika Herb Roasted Carrots
When Jeremy recently decided to do a Christmas trial run and make his delicious brine turkey recipe, we also took the opportunity to test-run some side dishes.
When we were at the store, we spotted some beautifully colourful carrots that we just had to pick up.
I don’t know about you, but I love when carrots are orange, yellow, purple, and red – they are just so pretty and such a joy to cook.
These carrots are a great side dish because they are SO easy to make.
Since most of your focus for the day is cooking the turkey, you want side dishes that are going to be 1. delicious, and 2. super easy.
These Sweet and Smoky Paprika Herb Roasted Carrots only require a few simple ingredients (that you likely already have at home!) and then only take about 10 minutes to cook.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Butter/ or Margarine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lb of carrots (3.5 cups of chopped carrots)
- 2-3 Sprigs of Rosemary
- Begin by cutting the tops of the carrots and then slicing them length-wise.
- Place your carrots into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in your oil, paprika, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and honey into the bowl.
- Mix your carrots with all the ingredients until they are well coated. If you feel you need more of a certain ingredient, add it now and mix well.
- Place your pan on the stove over medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil into the pan.
- Once the pan has heated up, add in your carrots and 2-3 sprigs of rosemary.
- Allow your carrots to cook in the pan for 10 minutes, stirring/flipping occasionally to ensure they do not burn. If you find the carrots are burning on the outside and not cooking through, add a small amount of water into the pan and turn the heat down slightly.
- After 10 minutes or so, remove your carrots from the heat, drain any excess liquid, and serve on a plate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 619mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 12/23/2019
Enjoy this post? Check these out next!