*This Valentines Day recipe blog post was written in partnership with Inniskillin
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I have begun dreaming up ways to celebrate our first Valentine’s Day together as a married couple. Speaking of which, how has it already been 6 months since our wedding day? It feels like it was just yesterday!
Now, I know it sounds cheesy but we’ve always looked at Valentine’s Day as the perfect excuse to carve out a bit of time for one another.
My husband and I both work pretty intense schedules (honestly, I would venture to say that Monday to Friday we only see each other right before we go to bed, and right before he heads to the office) so when there’s a day to take some time for us, we jump at it.
Anyways, since Valentine’s Day lands on a Wednesday this year, we’re staying in. But that doesn’t mean we’re not having a little celebration at home!
We’ll be breaking into our favourite Inniskillin Riesling Icewine, and munching on some yummy Ice Wine Gummy Bears! If you’re like me, and are looking for a sweet way to celebrate Valentines Day this year then this Ice Wine Gummy Bears Recipe is for you.
Ice Wine Gummy Bears Recipe | A SWEET VALENTINES DAY RECIPE FOR YOUR SWEETHEART
- 1 cup Inniskillin Riesling Icewine
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. gelatin
- Pinch citric acid or dash of lemon juice
- In small heavy bottom pot, mix ice wine and the citric acid/ lemon juice. Simmer over low heat until slightly warmed.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and gelatin. Once the ice wine is warmed through, add the sugar and gelatin mixture to the ice wine and whisk until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir liquid over low heat for 3 minutes or until sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved and liquid has come to a slight simmer.
- Pour liquid into molds and set in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours until firm.
- Note: Gummies can be left out at room temperature for up to 8 hours. Reserve uneaten jellies in an airtight container in the fridge.
This process will cook the alcohol out. If you would like to keep some of the alcohol content in the gummies then reserve 1/4 of the liquid and add to the warm mixture after the sugar is dissolved.