When it comes to what I pack in my carry-on luggage I really like to keep it simple. I don’t pack oodles of lipsticks or a variety of eye shadows because really carry-on luggage is all about what you really need, not all you want.
I know many people pack a whole other bag for their carry-on luggage but I actually just pack everything in my purse as it is quite large. Aside from the items below I also always pack my essentials in my purse such as my passport & wallet.
My Carry On Essentials:
1. SUNGLASSES & GLASSES:
Since I wear my glasses all day every day I am definitely going to need to remember to pack these babies in my carry-on.
My eyes get really dry & strained feeling when I don’t wear my glasses for long periods of time so if I forgot my glasses at home I would be in quite the pickle during my trip!
I am also bringing in my sunglasses in my carry-on because we will be arriving in Mexico in the early afternoon so it’ll (hopefully) be quite sunny & bright.
2. CELLPHONE: This is a pretty obvious one – everyone needs their cellphone! I have never packed mine away in my suitcase before & can’t imagine doing that – gotta text my peeps when I land in Mexico – aka my mum & dad!
3. MOISTURIZER:Like my lips, my skin tends to really dry out during flights. To remedy my dry skin I bring a little moisturizer along with me for the flight. I apply this when my skin is feeling especially parched so that it doesn’t end up feeling too tight or irritated. I am bringing along my Kiehl’s moisturizer as it is a really intense moisturizer (perfect for dry-prone skin) and it’s also only 75ml which meet the flight restrictions.
4. MOROCCAN OIL HAIR SERUM:Once again this is a dryness-preventative item. My hair is naturally quite dry and so like my skin & lips, it tends to dry out pretty badly during flights and get quite tangled. To combat this problem I bring along a little 25ML bottle of Moroccan Oil & I also keep my hair in a braid for the flight.
5. CHAPSTICK:This is always a staple item for me so it really comes as no surprise that while traveling it’s a mega-staple. I’ve always found that planes really dry out my lips.
6. TRAVEL PERFUME:If you’re on a long flight there is nothing more frustrating than the chance of not smelling your best. Since I have so many little travel size perfume bottles I decided to bring on along for the flight just in-case somewhere along the way I start feeling like I am not smelling as pretty & fresh as I was at the beginning of the flight. Thankfully this is a pretty short flight so that probably won’t be a problem.
This is a weird one and I know I sound like a total freak for saying this but I am totally OCD over my ears.
Don’t even begin to tell me that you shouldn’t clean your ears very much, I will not have any of that.
I like clean ears and it they start to bug me and I don’t have a Q-Tip I begin to get a bit twitchy and cray.
When you’re traveling it’s always a good idea to pack an extra pair of underwear in your carry-on.
In the unfortunate case that your luggage is lost, you will be so relieved that you took the time & thought to pack an extra pair because you seriously do not want to be wandering around in the same undergarments for days & days.
9. SCARF:I really doubt that I’ll need this at any other point during my vacation but during the flight, it will definitely be in use. I get really cold on flights but whenever I get off a flight I am always boiling, so to remedy this problem I layer-up. When I get off the flight I’ll easily be able to remove this scarf layer to meet the new warm climate.
Like your delicate items, it’s always a good idea to pack a swimsuit in your carry on just in case your luggage gets lost.
If you’re going to a tropical location than chances are you’ll want to spend some of your time on the beach, but that won’t be an option if your luggage is lost.
Well, that’s not entirely true – it would be an option if you wanted to fork out some more cash on a new bathing suit one you arrived at your destination but who wants to do that?
11. READING MATERIAL:
I don’t bring books on airplanes with me anymore because I’ve learned the hard way that I have a tendency to get migraines when I do.
Seriously, spending 6 hours on a plane with a migraine that makes you feel like you may die is not fun, it’s pretty horrific actually. So, instead, I bring a magazine so I don’t have to concentrate on the words if I feel a headache coming on.
12. HEADPHONES: I always pack along my headphones so that I can listen to whatever program/music they are offering during the flight.